At Werrington Primary, the School Council is comprised of one representative from each class from Year 1 to Year 6. Each class holds a democratic vote to choose their representative at the beginning of the school year and that person will then hold the following responsibilities:
- Attendance at all school council meetings.
- Communicate with the children they represent and give their views to the council.
- Provide feedback to their peers on School Council matters.
- Make suggestions to help make improvements within the school community.
- Our current priorities for this academic year are anti-bullying week, choosing a charity to support in future events and improving recycling opportunities within our school.